Essential oils have irreplaceable value in your beauty and overall health regimen. It can be hard finding products that work well for your skin type. We want to make it easier so our experts have curated a list of some of the most common problems based on skin type and coupled them with the best essential oils.
For Dry Skin:
- Lavender Oil: This light and encompassing fragrance of Lavender oil is only one of it's many benefits. It has been found to be hydrating by penetrating the skin deeply while removing dark spots and blemishes for clear skin. It's no wonder that this essential oil is also used as an acne treatment.
- Argan Oil: With similar hydrating properties, Argan essential oil is non-greasy and revitalizes aging skin. It is the ultimate moisturizer for cold climates and used to create a barrier against harmful elements.
For Oily Skin:
- Lemon Oil: When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade, invest in more lemons instead. We love Lemon Oil because of its versatility and the noticeable results when used. This essential oil is regulates sebum production and removes the dark spots caused by acne. Yet, it doesn't stop there, it also treats acne by shrinking open pores and reducing their appearance. Give this essential oil a trophy already.
- Jojoba Oil: All the buzz is currently on this essential oil and there is no reason for it not to have it's moment of fame. This non-greasy oil is rich in Vitamin E, frequently used as a healing agent to hydrate skin, and treat acne blemishes and spots. If you have not tried this oil, it is worth all of the hype.
For Mature Skin:
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Smile without worrying about the fine lines because this essential oil is fantastic at removing them while evening the tone of your skin. Bonus points for being rich in Vitamin A and E, now that's value you can't beat.
- Frankincense Oil: Where do we begin with this essential oil, it's euphoric aroma is enough to keep you hooked, but that's not the only reason to keep this oil in your beauty routine. It fights free radicals, removes scars and wrinkles from your skin to give a healthy appearance and is rich in anti-oxidants. We have a keeper.
For Acne Prone Skin:
- Tea Tree Oil: An excellent essential oil for the treatment of acne since it unclogs dirt-ridden pores and exfoliates dead skin cells. It's also anti-bacterial to help prevent breakouts for healthy, clear skin.
- Clove Leaf Oil: Not only does this essential oil treat acne but it also prevents it by having anti-bacterial properties. This essential oil improves the texture of your skin making it soft and supple.